Step 1 - Sign up for a developer account
To create and publish ZinC Apps, you must first register for a developer account. You can use the same login to access your Zubie account. Already have a Zubie account? Just sign in to gain access.
Step 2 - Create your Application
After logging in, register your first app. Simply name your application and set the OAuth callback URL and we will assign a unique client id and client secret for use in the OAuth grant exchange.
Step 3 - Enable your callback url
While it is possible to roll your own OAuth exchange code yourself, we highly recommend using one of the readily available client libraries to stand up your endpoint. OAuth.net maintains a extensive list of available client libraries.
Step 4 - Start Accessing the API
Once your endpoint is available, initiate the OAuth grant flow and generate a token. As users successfully complete your OAuth grant flow you receive a token to access their data. You will need to use and retain the token to authenticate all calls to our API.
Webhooks can be used to be notified about events occurring on your users accounts. Visit ZINC Webhooks for more information.
Rest API Endpoints
This new version (first published Jan 2019) includes new expanded scopes for developers looking for more advanced integrations.
V2 Default API Scopes
Apps developed through ZinC will be default have a “read only” scope for basic resources:
- account.read: View basic account info, users/drivers, devices, tags and groups
- account_activity.read: View events, notifications, trips and visit activity.
- places.read: View places
- user.read: View user profile for authenticated user
- vehicles.read: View vehicles and current status/location
V2 Additional Scopes
Additional scopes are available, but must be reviewed and approved by Zubie.
- account.manage: View and manage basic account info, users/drivers, tags and groups.
- billing.read: View billing and subscription info.
- billing.manage: View and manage billing and subscription info.
- check-in.manage: View and update check-ins on behalf of any user.
- devices.manage: Activate new devices.
- account_activity.manage: View and update events, notifications, trips and visit activity.
- ecommerce.manage: Order new devices.
- places.manage: View and manage places.
- trippoints.read: View detailed breadcrumb history for a given trip.
- user.manage: View and update your user profile.
- vehicles.manage: View and manage vehicles.
To request permission to additional scopes, please contact us at email@example.com
The V1 API is still available, but we highly recommend developers move to the V2 API.
Base URL: https://api.zubiecar/api/v1
If you still have questions, checkout our Developer FAQ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.